Who is a Christian?

By Elise Brown

A Christians journey begins with a willingness to accept God’s unconditional love and to give Him this love in return, The Bible says that “God is a God of Love”(1 John 4:8), He has shown us this in several different ways. However there was no greater gift that he has given us than that of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ lived, worked, bled and died. He was sent here by God “that we might have life and have life more abundantly” (John 14:6). He gave his life for our sins that we might be forgiven in Heaven and be granted eternal life with God the Father.

As Christians we are not expected to be Jesus but instead to live by the example that was placed before us as we follow His life here on earth. To be used as a road map to direct us to the promises that God has made to us.

Even though we are called Christians it is important to realize that God and his love were present before Jesus was born. There was evidence of His ability to perform miracles and His worthiness of our praise long before Jesus was conceived by the Virgin Mary. Just as God was present before Jesus, Christians were present before they were called such. We have been taught to more commonly identify them as disciples, the followers of Christ, as read in Acts 11:26. The disciples followed Christ and learned from Him, wrote His life’s journey down for us to read and tried to learn how to become more Christ like, which means walking in accordance to God’s will and purpose for our lives.

A Christian is a person who has made a conscious decision to allow God to order their footsteps, to walk in the purpose that God has ordained for their lives, to seek out that purpose even when the understanding of the time, place and direction that you may go is not to your full understanding. However we have never been left alone without any guidance or any framework as to how we should conduct ourselves, the book of Matthew, with special attention to Chapter 5 and 6 give Jesus’ instruction on how a Christian should live.

However it is very important that we not only read and apply what the Bible says, but that each and every one of us has a one on one personal relationship including prayer and communing with God. That we are able to talk to Him as a Father and we avail ourselves to His desires for us as his children. This begins with us asking Him to come into our lives and turning our worries and cares and sins over to Him. This is scary for many people because it calls for you to expose your innermost flaws, hurts and wrongdoings and it seems like God in all His magnificence will turn away from you. But He is longing to have you come to Him. “We all fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23) no one that seeks eternal life with Him is exempt from this step. The amazing part is that HE wants to forgive you, He already knows what we have done, and the shame comes in not asking Him for forgiveness and to take control so that you become the person He has planned for you to become. (See Romans 10-9)

Once this is done, and sometimes done a few more times, God can begin to reshape your entire life. He will begin to guide you and to reveal to you the plans that he has for our lives: the plan that He had for you all along, as he told Jeremiah “I knew you before you were formed in your Mother’s womb” (Jeremiah 1:5-10).

God is inside of each and every one of us, a Christian should exhibit the things that God is. We should not have to walk around and point out to you that we are saved, it should shine from within us. We should be patient and kind. Giving and forgiving. We should be the light in a dark world, the purpose and love of God should pour from us from the inside out, as Christians we should “draw all men unto Thee” John 12:32.

While the perception of a Christian might leave some to believe that we are all the same we are not. Yes we all believe in the same Holy Trinity and yes we study the same Bible, but we are all uniquely created by God. No two people’s journey is the same. Just as no two snowflakes that fall from the sky are identical, nor do any two stars shine the same in the heavens. No two Christians are the same, which is why we are all so important to HIM. We each have a unique destiny to fulfill a secret that God has whispered into each and every one of our souls that make us His own unique gift. Some of us are warriors and others are caregivers. Some of us are singers and others are prayers. The bottom line is that God has made each of us to his specifications, tailor-made to fulfill His purpose.

What is a Christian a Christian is a person like you and I who has made the choice to have faith in thing unseen, to love our enemies, to press towards a higher mark. A Christian is a person who has decided to answer God’s call and walk in His purpose for their lives with the reward of Salvation.

Who is a Christian? Maybe you are and you just don’t know it yet.

0 thoughts on “Who is a Christian?

• December 3, 2009 at 11:41 am

As a true christian woman we can’t automatically assume someone is a christian because they say that they are a christian. The bible says that we must have works meet for repentance. We can talk all day about how holy we are but if are lifestyle isn’t up to par what you say out of your mouth does not matter. The bible also states that there should be a differance between clean and unclean. So with me being a christian I should see a differance between a sinner out in the world. Aslo the bible says to come out from amongst them meaning sinners. A lot of people are proffessing christ but they are still hanging around sinners, how can you ever bring a sinner to christ if they don’t see a differance between you and them. See a lot of people think christianity is just getting saved and thats it. But after getting saved you have to endure until the end meaning that you are going to have to fight your ways, your flesh, your mind, people, temptation, lust and even this world. So before you quickly assume someone is saved or is a christian take a look at there works and not just there mouth. The bible says, Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men’s sins: keep thyself pure.” I Timothy 5:22. Also we must always rightly divide the word of god because a lot of people take one scripture and try to some up the whole bible. But if you would like to check out my blog the site address is attached for more info about my ministy and what I am about.

• December 3, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Thank You Sister for stopping by and leaving such a thoughtful comment. I am so happy that God is so great and mighty that He is able to establish a walk and relationship with each of us individually based on who we are and what we need.

I agree with some of your points but I was raised, and have learned through my own walk, to believe that Emmaunuel (GOD with us) is everywhere we are, that His love and grace should be a light to those in a dark world. If I am only a light where there already is light then how brightly can I shine? I, in my walk, am not afraid to go into the Lion’s den or into the places where there are the sick and or sinner’s because I know that God is with me wherever I go. My testimony, my relationship with God in those places should be the light that shines through to someone’s dark place and brings them closer to God. Jesus and his disciples did not only sit amongst the Holy to keep them saved but their work was to go out in a dark world and be the light to spread the good News and I feel that we, in our walks having God with us, should get to a point where we are in close enough relationship with God to do the same. To show His works within us and to share His LOVE and desire to have that relationship with those who might not know of His love and forgiveness.

However God has given us a Spirit of discernment so that we are able to tell not only the right from the wrong, but the prophets from the false prophet, the friend from the foe and His word from others. As Christians we do need to use that ability when we go out to minister so that our good works are not tainted.

God knows even the most devout of us are not perfect, free from sin, if we were He would have never sacrificed His only Son.

Peace and Blessings to you. Please come back as often as you can. I stopped by your site and will do so again in the future.

• January 4, 2010 at 10:48 pm

A christians journey begings with repentance. One has to repent of his sins before he is eliglble for salvation. Sadly, so much of today’s church is offering salvation without repentance, leaving individuals dead in their sins, still “hellbound” with no lifestyle change! “Now in those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea, saying “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand”. (Matt. 3:1-2) Yes, God is a God of love. He is also a God of judgment and according to 1 Peter 4:17 judgment will begin in the body of Christ! The scripture states in 2 Peter 3:9, ” The Lord is not slow about His promise;…….but, is patient toward you, not wishing for any to PERISH, but for all to come to repentance. The character of God’s judgment is omitted from todays sermons. Also, although we are not expected to “be Jesus” we are expected to be like him. Paul says in Gal. 4:9, “I travail in pain until Christ be formed in you. Gal. 2:20 Paul says, “I am, therefore, crucified with Christ. It is no longer I that live, but, Christ that lives in me.” Phil. 2:4 says, “But, I have the mind of Christ.” A powerful and effective “believer” will not only follow Christ, but, become Christlike in that he will do the things that Jesus did by the power of the Holy Spirit, the same power that resides in Jesus. The scriptures that support that statement are John 14:12, ” I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works that I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. Mark 16:17-18 states, ” These signs shall follow THEM THAT BELIEVE. In my name (authority) they shall cast out demons, they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. Many believers are living beneath their privileges as children of the MOST HIGH GOD. The are living defeated lives, having a form of godliness,but, denying the power of GOD’S HOLY SPIRIT because they have not been taught how to access the power they possess as believers. Also, a caregiver and a singer fall into the category of “ministry gifts”. A warrior or “prayer” as you specified are inherent Godly characteristics given to EVERY believer. The depth to which one operates in that ability is determined by how much it is nurtured. The more one prays, the more power one has in prayer. The Bible tells us to pray without ceasing, to continually give ourselves to prayer. Lastly, one CANNOT be a christian and not know it. It is a life-changing experience. For ANYONE who is in Christ is a NEW creation; old things are passed away and behold, ALL things are become new! (2 Cor. 5:17)

• January 7, 2010 at 10:40 am

Hello Eleanor:
    Thank you for this and the other comments that you have left on the site. I was actually shocked to see that you have not left a comment on Pat Buchanan’s defense of Brit Hume. I was waiting to read your thoughts.

With regards to the above comments,thank you for leaving such a scripture based comment. I took me a few days to respond because I wanted to study the scriptures you left and I wanted to do some further research as well.

I believe that we are both right in what we are saying. Where I think we both need to be cautious, and for that regard every Christians who is concerned with the lives of others, is in both of our opening statements. For that I have to say thank you again because you helped me see an error that I had made that upsets me about “us good christian folks”. That is we both began talking as if we know where every Christians journey begins. The truth of the matter is we both spoke to what must happen during that journey, but to wholeheartedly say this is where is must begin is a mighty big statement on both of our parts.

The reason I say this is because we each live our lives different and different situations will draw us to the Father. For example, the Mother who tragically lost her child and doesn’t understand why, might come looking for God the Comforter. The person who got drunk and hit and killed someone might be looking for God the Forgiver. Some of us who are living wild lives full of sin might come bearing our sins and souls looking for God the Redeemer. I say this to say that God isn’t many different things for no reason and we will never truly understand what He is to all people, which is why I always stress getting into that one on one relationship with Him. So that our testimony is about what He has done for us and how we have seen his works and wonders change and make us better.

For myself I grew up the grand child of a Fire and Brimstone Pastor. He was Fire and Brimstone in the pulpit and Fire and Brimstone at home. While I understood that I had to do right because if I didn’t there would be consequences and for the most part I did. I did not grow into intimate relationship with God until I personally started to move, operate and understand his Love, that understanding came from my grandmother. Then all the things like repentance, forgiveness, wanting Him to order my steps, surrendering my life fell into place. Naturally as God would want them to as opposed to only because I was SO AFRAID of God, my grandfather and the scary ushers at the back of the church (sorry Godma). Yes we are supposed to fear the Lord our God and I do, but no one should be so afraid that they are afraid to go to Him.

With regards to the scriptures you used I think John 14 is a great chapter to read in total. Because yes it does say that we will do great things even greater because Jesus has gone on to be with the Father. It also states that we should ask for these things in Jesus’ name so that the Son can glorify the Father. In addition it clearly states that we must keep his commands (follow His word) and that He will ask the Father to send the Holy Spirit to help us remember and teach us what to do.

In addition Romans 10 is also another good chapter to read, with special emphasis on Romans 10:9 where it reads “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

I think what we have both done is explain parts of our journey and all parts are needed. So thank you for enhancing what I wrote by including your thoughts. I do agree completely (as an adult) that there certainly needs to be a broader aspect of God being taught, ministered and shown. That as Christians we need to understand the Fire and the Brimstone, esp in a day and age where folks want to talk prosperity so much. So again, Thank You. By the way you have started me on a path to study the true meaning of the word “Fear” as it relates to God and the Bible. If the translation was changed or if we have a misunderstanding of what the word truly means. I will post about it and look forward to your response.

Be Blessed Sister and Thank you for Fellowshiping with us!

Oh and one more thing :), I do believe that there are people who are goodhearted, do right people who are following the word of Jesus because it is in their nature without having recognized the reason. God made them that way. However, they haven’t accepted Him or know who He is YET. This was an article intended to speak to them to bring them to Jesus so that they can have that life altering experience that we already know.

• January 7, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Thank you for responding. Let me clarify a few comments I made. My “thoughts” are irrelevant. My statements are based on what the Word of God says. Many ministries today offer salvation without repentance leading many who are not saved to believe that they are—– highlighting God’s love, but, omitting His judgment. 2 Cor. 4:4 says, “The God of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see thel light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” 2 Cor. 3:14-16 states, “But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because ONLY in Christ is it taken away. (15) Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. (16) But, whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Your “one more thing” comment concerns me. The Word says that the “heart” of man is desparately wicked because, we, in our Adamic nature are BORN in sin. It is only a repentant heart, a regenerated heart, transplanted by the blood of Jesus at the cross that makes one eligible for ETERNAL life. It IS NOT in our nature to follow Jesus because we have ALL inherited Adams nature. The Word says in Romans 5:12, “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to ALL men, because ALL sinned—- through one man’s death on the cross, salvation was made available to every man, (Rom. 5:19). The “do right people” that you speak of who may be “following” Jesus, may recognize him as a “good person” but, if they have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior by repenting of their sins, they will have no place in Heaven. 2 Ephesians 2:8 states, ” For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and it is NOT from yourselves, it is the gift of God—-(9) NOT by WORKS, so that no one can boast. Many ministries are tickling the ears of the masses,by feeding their emotions with “feel good” messages without requiring a change of lifestyle which only comes through repentance. God does not compromise HIS word to accomodate our feelings. HE IS GOD and He has an order by which we are to come to him and it is with a “broken spirit and a contrite heart! Our own “righteousness” is as filthy rags.

• January 7, 2010 at 6:27 pm

“My “thoughts” are irrelevant. My statements are based on what the Word of God says. Many ministries today offer salvation without repentance leading many who are not saved to believe that they are—– highlighting God’s love, but, omitting His judgment.” Your statements are based on a portion of what God says, as are mine.

We must highlight God’s love because God’s love preceded his judgement of us. We were created because of God’s love. God sent Jesus to die for our sins because of His love and God’s love is what gives us the chance over and over to go to Him and ask for forgivingness of our sins and to seek repentance. All of it stems from God’s love. That is how we to should approach one another in a spirit of Love.

I thank God for His love because His Love has spared us all from His immediate Judgement many times.

I thank God for you and your comments as well because as I said we all have a charge and a purpose. I also know and understand getting the full scope of God.

1 Peter 3:15-22
    15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17It is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[d] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge[e] of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Thank God for Baptism and Communion as well! Be blessed Sister and I hope that my comments were received in the same Spirit as written above as a reason for the hope that I have.

• January 8, 2010 at 12:40 am

This was a great post, and I can see a great conversation that has ensued because of it. It is funny how such a simple question as "Who is a Christian" can get rather muddy – between two people who both consider themselves as such! Thankfully, we are all reconciled together in one body of Christ, as all who call on the name of Jesus will be saved.

• January 7, 2010 at 11:47 pm

In addition,
    I just want to be clear that I do not feel that you are slandering my beliefs any more than I am yours. I am happy that we are both believers and both proud to speak out as such. I respect what you have said and welcome your future comments. Let us both pray that we have said something that will help someone in their walks as well as one another

• January 8, 2010 at 7:32 am

The reason I have given so much attention to your post on "Who is a Christian", is because of the many encounters I have had with those who profess to be Christians with justifications from, "I go to church every Sunday", to "I'm a good person", to "My mother is a Christian"! None of which qualifies one for eternity in Heaven. Sadly, the word "Christian" is so loosely used in our society —the definition has been made cloudy by man's perspective. It greatly saddens me that so many who have not had an authentic conversion are being mislead into believing that they have a "pass" to eternity in Heaven because God loves them too much to "send them to hell". John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him should not PERISH, but, have everlasting life. There is a penalty for rejecting Jesus as Lord and that needs to be made known. Man must recognize and acknowledge his own sinfulness in order to see the NEED for a Savior. He is unable to do so through the lens of self-righteousness. May God bless your continued endeavors.

• January 8, 2010 at 7:37 pm

This is quite the discussion here. I've hesitated to comment for two reasons. 1) I'm not sure I've followed everything that's been said. After reading it all a few times, I still feel like I might have misunderstood some of what's been written. 2) I think what I say might be taken the wrong way and could end up just making this worse. Still, I think it's important enough to try to say it.

I think our perception of who is a Christian and who isn't is on a scale. Yes, there is a definite point where God decides who goes to heaven and who doesn't, but from our perspective I think that point is very blurry. And I think God's set it up that way on purpose.

I think God wants us to be very careful about who we label as Christian and who we label as un-Christian.

In response to some of the previous comments, I think we can tell by someone's fruit whether or not we should follow them. I agree that the fruit can be an indicator of who is and who isn't a Christian, but I think the true mark of a believer is just that: someone who believes on Jesus as Savior and Lord (notice that's both Savior and Lord). We can't know someone's heart (apart from God specifically revealing it to us). We can only choose who we'll follow and imitate based on their fruit.

I think it's far better to get away from the line (as in who's "in" and who's not) thinking and recognize that everyone needs Jesus, everyone needs discipleship, everyone needs encouragement whether we know they are a believer or not.

-Marshall Jones Jr.

• January 8, 2010 at 10:41 pm

As deception is on the increase, it is critical to our spiritual growth and development to KNOW who is operating in truth and who is not. One most know the truth in order to be able to detect a lie. The Bible says in 2Cor. 7:10 "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but wordly sorrow brings death. I have heard so many "Christians" agree with the world or false teaching and doctrines on so many levels. The Bible clearly warns us about numerous types of falsehood, namely within the "church". The Bible also clearly defines who is and who is not "one of us"! (1 John 2) Paul says, "In the last days, MANY will fall away from the faith giving in to seducing spirits AND doctrines of demons. We cannot be casual about this. A watered-down version of the gospel is of benefit to nothing other than the expansion of the population of hell. We are talking about souls. Wouldn't it be terribly sad for some one to think that all he had to do was except God's love (without repenting of his sins) only to discover that he was never truly converted?

• January 27, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Although, I was fully aware of the doctrine that Bishop Carlton Pearson now embraces, I had not seen the program to which you refer until now. I wanted to watch it in it’s entirety before responding. There are numerous scriptures that come to mind that reflect the Bishop’s spiritual condition, however, from the words that have come from his very own lips , he is a living example of l Tim 4:1 which states, “Many will FALL AWAY from the faith, giving in to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. He is clearly contradicting the scriptures. How does he explain 2 Cor. 7:10, “Godly sorrow brings repentance which LEADS to salavation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death”? Dr. Jamal Bryant so eloquently and correctly refuted the Bishop in love! It is not by accident that the spirit of darkness would deceive one who introduce true holiness through a revival such as Azuza

• January 27, 2010 at 8:59 pm

to try and confuse the minds of masses. According to the scripture, God is NOT the author of confusion.

• January 27, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Hi Sister Winslow,
    You have been so quiet lately, we missed you. I hope all is well with you and your are Blessed. I just recently became aware of this doctrine. To say it made me raise an eyebrow would be an understatement :). Well if you find more scripture or have more that you want to share, you know where to find us.

As far as these comments I would like to have them in the comment section of that post. We have so man readers that I think would benefit from the additional scripture. Not to mention I would like to get a conversation going on this topic. Because the last thing we need is to be confused!!!

Thanks for stopping by again!
    Yours in Christ
    River Angel 42

• December 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

(N.B-English is a second language & also the context/tone-African background

I had two points of views about this topic. In my opinion, I may be wrong,

(A) To be a Christian (we are called to be Christ-like and to serve him as the Lord).
    (b)The concept—is weakened by diversity—-leads to misunderstanding.

A) We are called to be Christ like
    To be a Christian is a package on its own. (I.e. to live Christ like life) to strive to be Christ in all manners and serve Him as the Lord (aspect-surrender)

There is no doubt that Christians are expected to be followers of Christ—they have a challenge ,after accepting Christ as their Lord, to know more by reading the Bible , strive to act-like Him and follow his instructions, to fellowship with others, exhort others etc. So, I understand why people who called them Christians because they think they act-like & sometimes better than other Christians. I was like that too—until at last Jesus appeared to me on Good Friday whilst visiting a new church in my area (just for a change—that was my thought)
    To think about it since 1988-1997 I thought I was a Christian—Maybe because I knew better than my fellow Christians/colleagues, I worked hard and I could see good, better results. I saw that my pupils knew the Bible better than even other Christians. I used to give them the skill in order to avoid being out of context/monitor them especially during the first term. When they visited each other for a service before the burial/for comfort as classmates( i.e cultural settings)they used to prepare with me a praise song, a worship song, organise & link the praise song to the introduction & explain the concepts/ where was it quoted from the bible, then introduce the psalm or the verse from their syllabus (of course) it, few quotes & a message that link with the song/verse and words: summary & encouragement (the last speaker). Just to maintain a golden thread(simple) Their parents used to be impressed as this skill helped their children in the community.- skills-team work, organisation & in their church etc.,. Would u not think u are a Christian or saved? The fruits were there—-but it wasn’t that enough.

My audience respected me & there were positive rewards as well. I do remember one time- one of my best students just changed his behaviour- was not in school for about 2 weeks during revision time (of final exams). A sweet boy that was just involve in excessive alcohol at that time, just on the eve of a festive season. So I told him I would allow him to join classes /to write exams as long as he could stop his behaviour just for a while as I wanted my symbol C at least from him. He asked if I could pray for him as he didn’t know what was happening with himself. It was a helpless/ situation, a cry for help! I was good at instructing them how to do things not at praying & but when I look at his eyes-I could guess he was desperate to take a second chance. To please him I told him to take his Bible & read Psalm 91 aloud two/three times—he did it & he felt a change. I prayed for him( e.g. 3/4 lines on behalf of him & asked Jesus, our Lord to heal him—immediately—he said “thank u”—“I am fine now”- I saw his faith in what I thought is just a subject –he changed & he passed the exams as he was a brilliant boy for that matter. Surely,I was right – I thought I was a Christian? Unfortunately, I was not —-till I accepted the Lord as my personal Savior
    Another instance: Where I worked I could see fruits even before this incident as I was also a Guidance Teacher who gave support to children with domestic/learning difficulties. As a volunteer Counsellor for HIV/AIDS(volunteer), for the suicidal/homeless (a volunteer for twice a week- for two years) even those that are raped(sometimes immediately after rescue when they call us to go in the local hospital when they are still hysterical—God will tell me when to say something or to be quiet & what/how to say.
    It was the same even to those who are about to commit suicide in the bridge (locally known-bridge of death) especially at midnight when they picked the phone without dialling the number I would listen–as I would be listening the policemen would pick the person/rescue—would feel good as a soul was rescued.

So there are many good things that can be done by a kind church-goer & still that person has not yet been called by God just like in my case. It was not enough—

A Christian should be edified by the Word-as one meditates -i.e. it should give a message/touch/homework/challenge/rebuke one’s ways and gives hope too. One occasion,after I was saved it was as usual to attend services before burial. Realisation—What is a Christian— (impossible to please God and an uneasy to be Christ like/to be in his path?)
    One pastor stressed that, as a commandment, we are supposed to love God with all our heart/ mind, soul, —as I was meditating what is to love with all my mind/soul—-which meant to met –to have 100 percent focus/love . I asked myself which area do I focus like that— What about the soul—even in it? –How many times when I do not want to do something and I end up doing it—will not other people condemn me too as I condemn myself too? So to my simple logic: it was impossible to please God at all. As
    So I realised that Christianity is an ongoing process- striving to love God and others-sometimes we find that we sin-miss the target to love. Not to miss the point===we need the Helper to guide us.
    Once we realise we are hopeless & helpless without Jesus we are on our way to understand what a Christian is. As we see in this state we just surrender everything to him, we humble ourselves and ask forgiveness (sins we commit knowingly/unknowingly)…
    Still one will always be relying on Jesus Christ, as He takes our burden (of making things works , being condemned /humiliated etc) and cleanses our sins(this sins can be caused by doing our own way–& as we miss the target(what we are supposed to do/say/not to do/say).

The secret of being a Christian is to let go, & let God—Why because God’s ways are totally different compared to ours—give us an expected end(Jer. 29111). What we want most often than not is of immediate gratification, as we really do not know our future. Our lives as Christian are in God’s hands,
    To be a Christian is a life full of challenges though with Jesus it is possible—as He promised to be with us—-.It was not an easy life on earth for our Lord too.
    In my experience–Yeah in the past God used to appear to me when I called him, sometimes intervene & rescue me from death.
    For example, just few months I was saved I heard his voice giving me an exit point (an advise) while I was in a pit of death, then, where I used to work. The Helper was with me & made me strong. Anyway, I ended up disfigured & I was beyond recognition and for two days I lived on gently rubbing ice cubes on my entire face, taking pain killers etc— Later, I was recycled —and it was a miracle even to my family doctor & to the public. These words—“say unto my soul-I am thy salvation (Psalm 35:3)” were realised .

We need to exalt Him & lift the Lord high because me, if it was not for the goodness of God—-I could be dead by now
    To sum up: To be a Christian- need to acknowledge Jesus as the Lord, as a Saviour ,our God—In our prayers we should thank Him & glorify Him, We should praise & worship God the Father in spirit and in truth. We should be determined to know more of His will, do more of what he has called to do–with the help of the Holy Spirit to reveal to us what we should do,at times we are in the dark & as the Light will illuminate- our ways will be directed in the paths of righteousness—(Psalm.23;3)
    Viewpoint-2
    (B)The idea/concept is complex-because of an element of diversity that affects the whole concept.
    There is no doubt we confess that Jesus is the Lord-we have to follow in his steps and rely on Him and many preach the Word/Bible. To be a Christian-Christianity is affected by diversity within it-. These will inevitable affect our perception: about what is a Christian to a certain group of Christians. This diversity boils down to misunderstanding of the same concept (What is a Christian). (To be a
    Christian is affected, among other things, by denominations- origin of the denomination: Catholic/Protestant/Pentecostal/African like Zion/Shembe/(Christianity)/Sabbath observers/ Jewish Christian(African), views(conservatives/liberals/fanatics/enthusiasts/loyal followers of the vision) cultural settings, tradition/philosophy of life, ethnic group, beliefs within one ethnic group-which even in one small area/REGION each does not accept one view as being Christians how much more in one country/one continent—so?.. Even within a group-Pentecostal===they can judge other groups as not as Charismatic or whatever—due to lack of understanding of each other. How can a fanatic of anything appreciate another thing?(fanatics do not even read other books from other denominations/watch other sermons on-line from other church,nor doing fellow shipping with other Christians outside his/her own circle—over-enthusiasm–nothing else but what is happening around his/her environment/church&its branches that’s all—we use to call all those type as brain washed– but sometimes they are not. They can be-very loyal/honest but innocent limiting what it is to be Christian to just one group/their perception.. One can find the fanatics everywhere even inside a church where a majority are liberals, sometimes it is all about a personality of an individual. It is a division on its own.
    On the other hand there are false prophets that also add more confusion. Some misunderstandings in different denominations are different points of contacts as acts of faith that are confusing to different individuals also can be regarded as a concern.
    Sometimes,if too much focus on the mission of the individual group/church which involve emphasis on one aspect from the bible can cause misunderstanding to others—worse to all those who are new/other Christians/or converts from different religion.
    The positive part:
    Christianity is global— Reality check- These days we find Christian groups/leaders who are global leaders who understand various peoples – & respect their different immediate needs and their cultural needs /philosophy of life with a primary aim of spreading the Gospel. They have branches all over the world. These are groups/ leaders with more open –minded strategy/acculturation /learning from each other to add value/appreciating the difference and who are prepared to reach beyond diversity (denominations/culture etc) as they spread the Gospel. They are the witnesses unto Jesus —unto the uttermost part of earth (Acts.1:8).
    Apostle Paul is an example—who travelled in Europe, Asia Minor etc. — he had to answer some questions about days, laws (circumcisions), food, etc. This was diversity even then – an attempt to understand :Who is a Christian?.

• April 19, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Howdy! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I

came to look it over. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m

book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!

Exceptional blog and brilliant

design.

• September 23, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Hello! Thiis is my first visit too your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new
    initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You
    have done a extraordinary job!

• December 1, 2015 at 8:40 am

Hi Yenifer,Thank you so much for your interest. You can very eilsay be involved in any of our activities just come. You can come to our church services on Sunday. We now have two services or meetings one at 9:30am and the other at 11:30am. You can attend Our Wednesday night service at 7pm. We simply teach through the Bible in our church services and Worship God in song. Of course it is all in English. You can also attend our English conversation clubs that meet on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 till noon and on Friday 2:30 till 4:30. You also might be interested in out Coffee Shop Nights. They are a time to come hang out, meet new people, and practice your English. We have music in English, table games, and conversation questions. We have these events on the last Friday night of each month. All of this is free and there is no need to sign up just come.I look forward to meeting you soon.